Wednesday, January 9, 2008

See...I knew this was a bad idea...

Now I'm staring at my page, wondering what to blog about, reviewing my average day, and avoiding the work I need to do for class tomorrow. It's times like these when I remember how great being a student could be, despite my countless hours of complaining whilst living said life. There is something quite glorious about being able to show up to class, wearing whatever (*note: whatever for me usually means jeans and a tank top [plus sweater in the winter]), drinking/eating whatever, and coasting into a seat prepared to ummmm "learn." Now, reality tells me that I must show up to class wearing something professional (*note: dress pants, tank top, and sweater, with fun shoes). I probably shouldn't be eating (I've tried...it's messy), and I really shouldn't sit while teaching (I've also tried...it's weird). This does not mean that I don't like my job. It just means that some days I miss the delightful laziness of being a student. I see them...sitting there with their sleepy eyes, staring at me as I blather on about some writing topic, and, for a split second, I want to trade places. Then I remember, being graded isn't so fun, doing homework isn't exactly awesome, and I went to school to have the "big girl" job I have now.

Tis but a moment of weakness I suppose. Human nature if you will. Grass always looks greener, right? Now, on to matters of true importance. What song will I play to start class tomorrow? Back to prep.

No comments: