Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Backstreet's back, alright?

So....apparently it has been awhile since I last blogged. The lingering insanity of 2007 has me hesitant to blog again, but with the OLA approaching and my presentation on blogging looming I am reminded that I, too, once used to blog with somewhat regularity.

Why did I stop blogging? Time, simply put. Apparently even though I'm only scheduled to teach 12 (formerly 10) hours a week, marking and prep takes far longer than I ever could have imagined. Am I complaining? Probably, but I really must insist that I love my job, even though it's not exactly what I went to school for. Sometimes life hands us surprises, nice ones. Other times, they're giant piles of ummm...lemons? As I've said before, when life throws you lemons, throw them at other people. I only enjoy lemonade in the summer. Even then, I prefer tea. Anyone wishing I had stayed away from blogging yet?

This is all to say that I promise to write with far more regularity, especially since I will soon be delving back into blogging research to prep for the conference. If anyone has read and interesting articles on blogging lately, could you please send them along?

In other news, I'm currently downloading In Rainbows. That's right...I'm branching out beyond the usual Top 40 mix that currently fills my hip hop/trendy cravings for booty-shaking tunes. Although, I feel creepily trendy still, listening to something that how many millions have already listened to/will listen to with great frequency? *sigh* One day I will develop a music taste all my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, you're back! Glad to see a new post. Even if you just end up blogging about blogging, it's still something interesting to read.

Jess said...

Thanks Barb :) It's good to be back...so far, however, I can only think of useless lists of complaints. Blame the students...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes complaints make for the funniest blog posts (if you're the sort of person who doesn't take life too seriously ... which I suspect you are)